A pioneer of widely publicized "Spider silk superlens", "Nanoparticle Superlens", and "microsphere superlens and nanoscope" technology at Bangor University, North Wales, UK. Check out our poster (PDF) and team research introduction (PDF)
- 01/2019: Two postdoc position avaliable, deadline Febuary 15 2019 (link).
- 11/2018: Our lab and research was featured in Microscopy AND analysis (link), thank you Rebecca.
- 11/2018: Grant success. A well-funed 3-year project was approved with two new postdocs positions avalialbe in early 2019.
- 10/2018: Review: "super-resolution imaging and microscopy by dielectric particle-lenses" (arxiv)
- 08/2018: PIERS2018 in Japan invited talk.
- 08/2018: Paper on anti-laser filter based on metamaterials (PDF).
- 06/2018: Nuclear feasiblity project shows ODS cladding by Nd:YAG is better than CO2 laser, and laser processing is promosing for engineering nuclear materials.
- 06/2018: International formu on optics in Chengdu intived talk.
- 02/2018: 'Photonic hook' effect demostrated (link).
- 10/2017: Congratulations to Dr. Liyang Yue, our NRN fellow, has been shortlisted for prestigious Newton Prize (link).
- 10/2017: Nuclear BWR feasibility project started (link).
- 09/2017: Open position: postdoc on solar cell design and simulation (link).
- 09/2017: Report on our Welsh Crucible Project (link)
- 07-8/2017: Visited Nankai, Lanzhou,Changchun, Wuhan, Changsha,Beijing and Shanghai. Having a new post advert coming out soon.
- 05/2017: Joint invited review paper (led by Boris Lukyanchuk) on Photonic nanojet techonology yesterday, today published (link).
- 04/2017: Our superlens work was selected and reported by the Welsh Government flagship magazine "Advances" (page 9, Issue 81, 2017) [link].
- 04/2017: New technology for micropsheres ordering was developed (link).
- 04/2017: Commerically viable design of Bangor superlens was developed (link).
- 03/2017: Congratulation to PhD student James Monks who won EPS-QEOD travel grant (only one from UK) to attend CLEO/Europen-EQEC 2017 Germany.
- 03/2017: Our latest reserch leaflet for Chief Science Advisor of Wales (PDF)
- 02/2017: Deliver RSC/ERDF lecture at School of Chemisty (poster).
- 02/2017: Light foucsing video for n=1.5 sphere (link) and cylinder (link)
- 02/2017: EU project (SUMCASTEC) started,our team will contribute to the nano-imaging functionality of the proposed chip.
- 11/2016: Opening position - We are recruiting a posdoc with experience in micro/nano-particle synthesis, deadline Dec 20th 2016. [job advert] (this job is now closed)
- 08/2016: Bio-superlens based on spider silk has now been published in nano letters. Besides previous report by MIT Technology Review, new media coverges pour in, including BBC, ITV, xinhua (新华网)and on live by BBC raido:
- 08/2016: work on high-index nanoparticle-derived metamaterial superlens was published by Science Advance (Sci. Adv. 2,e1600901) and received media coverage (>4000 websites) in sciencedaily, livescience,xinhua (新华网), upi , Techtime etc.
My name is Zengbo Wang (王增波), known as 'James' within colleagues and friends. I received BSc degree (1997) and MSc degree (2001) in physics from Xiamen University, P.R. China, and PhD (2005) in Electrical and Computer Engineering from National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore.
I was a senior research fellow and the recipient of the “most outstanding R&D Staff Award 2005 (Merit)” of Data Storage Institute, Singapore (2005-2006); a postdoc researcher at The University of Manchester (2006-2008) and The University of Southampton (2008-2009). In 2009, I was awarded a lectureship in laser micro/nano engineering at The University of Manchester, UK. In 2012, I left Manchester and joined Bangor University, taking up current post as a senior lecturer in imaging and nanophotonics in school of electronic engineering.
(link to university profile).
The areas of research I am currently working on:
- Nanoscopy and imaging;
- Microsphere Nanophotonics;
- Nano-optics at interfaces;
- Laserd 3D printing technology;
- Metamaterials and Plasmonics;
- Large-area nanomanufacturing;
- Laser material processing, laser cleaning;
- Nanometerial synthesis using lasers;
- Thin film, Perovskite solar PVs;
- Biosensors based on surface plasmon and whisper gallery mode effects;
- Muti-scale modelling and simulation: laser-material ineraction and nanoscale optics;
- Computing software, Superlens commercial development;
Thanks for your visit, have a nice day!